I just went back through over 900 liked posts and dug out all the art tutorials so i can keep track of them. I guess this might be helpful to some of you guys, so here you go.
Here we go then!
Alchemy - this is a really fun program. You play around making abstract shapes until you start to see something in them, kind of like a Rorschach test. Then you use the shapes as a base to draw it from.
MyPaint - a pretty decent painting program that also has the benefit of working on Unix systems.
openCanvas 1.1 - I haven’t used openCanvas in years but it was a nice program with a pretty unique feel to it.
ArtRage - Only used this a couple of times donkey’s years ago just before I got oC, but I’ve heard good things about it.
The GIMP - In a similar vein to Photoshop, but free. I couldn’t get on with it when I tried it out a few years ago, but it’s pretty popular and is available on Unix systems and Macs.
Sketchbook copic: a bit different program
Photoshop - Standard painting fare. Probably the most flexible program (particularly the latest versions) but not designed to act in a “natural” way. If you’ve used it for painting versus something like Painter you know what I mean. Who the fuck pays for it though? Google “Photoshop tumblr masterpost” and take your pick.
Paint Tool Sai - Far more affordable and definitely worth paying for if you can. The brushes are very decent (especially when they’ve been tweaked a little), the gui is simple and intuitive, and I dare you to find a program with which making smooth lineart is easier.
Corel Painter - My program of choice for most things. More tools than you could ever possibly use and pretty cheap on a student license, providing that you can prove you’re a student! It’s got a few bugs but if you want realism or a more natural feel than PS or SAI this is the program for you.
expressions from different angles (love this site)
gamut mask tool (very nice!)
kuler (more colour schemes)
photoshop fur brushes (and tutorial)
Other peoples masterposts
love your fellow artist (anything from prompt generators to animation background here, very nice)
art e-books (mediafire download)
even more e-books (including human anatomy, animal anatomy, cartoons, animation, composition, design, scenery, perspective…)
criminallyincompetent (check out their #reference and #tutorial tags, they’re gold)
- atomicatz likes this
- disciple-of-the-booty reblogged this from art-resources
- a-song-i-wish-i-wrote likes this
- faith-lustandpixiedust likes this
- --huh--what-- likes this
- crescentnebula likes this
- sageminti likes this
- bebetteratart reblogged this from sassmaster-arjay
- meganechan-yuko likes this
- thedoctor-hasmysoul likes this
- souqudreams likes this
- soufflegirlwhosawthestars reblogged this from epical-duck
- keluchnae likes this
- blatantparadox reblogged this from candy-crowbar
- calamart likes this
- keith-ington likes this
- bat-cow likes this
- fun-sponge reblogged this from 3ridan
- animatography reblogged this from sleepyspook
- fetchthesalt likes this
- chocochika reblogged this from chii24
- omnilamp likes this
- bdfp likes this
- fluffynumbers likes this
- homestuckau likes this
- homoheartache reblogged this from mcfoily
- refreblogger reblogged this from tinycandycorn
- kayauss likes this
- windysapphire likes this
- reduxist reblogged this from ravenclawsome-rachel
- reduxist likes this
- ravenclawsome-rachel reblogged this from idonutlikethesepuns
- abstrusecryptograms likes this
- twicksterytwickster likes this
- 7-stages-of-faberry likes this
- skittlesmania13 reblogged this from mcfoily
- skittlesmania13 likes this
- sarlyne reblogged this from mcfoily
- groovygenes likes this
- orbitghost reblogged this from 3ridan
- orbitghost likes this
- mcfoily reblogged this from a-scandal-in-minnysota
- pavel-chekovs-hair reblogged this from fineryfiend
- caught-inside-pages reblogged this from lingeringdust
- dokyungsass reblogged this from misakishokuho
- grecianfilipina likes this
- wimean likes this
- nitramquest likes this